These days you’ll notice that many small businesses you interact with, in your everyday life, have their own dedicated mobile apps. Whether it’s a coffee shop, Spa, or a restaurant. These companies are taking their marketing to next level.
Some points useful in building the mobile apps are:
- Be visible to customer all the time– Statistics shows that most of the people spend more then two hours on their mobile apps. In this way you remain visible to your customer all the time.
- Direct Marketing Channel– One of the biggest benefits of having a mobile app is that all the information you’d like to provide to your customers – including special sales and promotions – is right in front of them and pushing notifications can also easily remind your customer about your the product and services.
- Recognition –The more often you can get customers involved with your app, the sooner they will be inclined to buy your product and/or service.
- Stand Out from Competition– These days mobile apps at the small business level are still rare, and this is where you can go ahead of your competitors. Be the first in your neighbourhood to offer a mobile app to your customers.
- Brand Awareness– A mobile app for your business can greatly contribute to your brand awareness.
APP Development Process:
Understanding the requirement of a client to Develop Mobile App :
1.Understanding and Analysing the App idea from client.
2.Outline the relevant user of the App to Identify key variables.
3. Clarify the idea for make it more desirable for you and the user.
4.Creating and Agreeing upon the Final Requirement Document.
5.Finalising the milepost.
Analysing the requirements of the clients:
After receiving a requirements from the client to develop a mobile app, the data is analysed again that how a better mobile app can be made. Few points should be in mind while making a mobile app are
1. Who’s your audience:- Before building your app consider who your ideal user would be. Is it a people in a particular country or region , or your App should have global appeal. Knowing your user before you build your app will help you to make strategic decisions from the beginning. And will make design process easier.
2. Know the latest Market Trends:- Knowing what’s popular in the App store is an important part of App development. The idea here is not to just make a normal successful app but understand the overall direction of the market and consumer tastes.
3. Does your app offer something new:- With millions of App available it’s important to differentiate your app from the rest. That’s something you have to think before building the App and careful analyse of the market can help you to find the solution.
4. Does your App has a great User Experience:- To become a successful App developer, you should have incredible strong focus on creating a very best experience for their users.A well-honed user experience can be a difference between failure and success. In a survey 70% of the user want the ease of navigation, which is important to the overall user experience.
5. Mobile Platform and devices to be supported:- Mobile Platforms and devices should be selected keeping in mind hardware performance, battery life, unevenness and required peripherals, Few factors that need to be considered while selecting mobile platform and devices include coverage, device support, performance etc.
Designing your App is another major factor responsible for success of an App in the market. An eye catchy and feature loaded app give worth to your visitors time and choice. The Silent features while developing mobile apps are UX(user experience) and UI(user interface). Before developing an app it is essential to it is essential to understand the target market you are aiming. No matter how much money you spend on designing, but what comes in your hand in the end is important. A usually appealing and spontaneous UI can become the key to lead conversation. An App developer should focus on UI Design, multi touch gesture for touch enabled devices. Today importance is on the UI Design of an App as it play a crucial role in the success of an App. Designing an app is getting more popular as it create an instant impact on the mind of the user while ensuring usability of an App.
There are two aspects of design: functional and visual. Functional design take care of the works like: the flow, content, and the functionality. And visual design take care of the look, the feel and the emotions.
Few tips to help you to design an excellent user interface that will ad visual appeal on your mobile apps are:-
1. Right Sized graphics:- for your app to look fantastic, include graphics that are adjusted to the screen of your device.
2. Fully responsive:- the user interface should be designed in such a way that the app should be usable on multiple devices.
3. Iterate for better:- for an app creator, the best solution is to iterate the interface design so as to create highly interactive mobile app for the target users.
4. Keep things simple:- keeping things simple means the first time user can start using the app without going to the detailed set of instructions or tutorials.
5. Large Clear fonts:- Use fonts that are readable and pleasing to the eyes.
6. Follow platform rules:- follow the norms of the platform and don’t deviate trying to do something different all together.
7. Team up real user:- If you are a UI designer, remember it is always good to have real users for their ideas and opinions. This will help you to evaluate as what to include and what to leave. This should be done at the early stage to avoid unnecessary efforts over creation.
8. Popular icon work:- Being an UI designer, This is pretty useful to use the icons which are most popular these days. These icons are present on several gadget these days.
9. App testing:- by putting the app in front of the users, you can trace certain unforeseen issues which should be tackled before you publish.
Selecting a right approach for developing an App is highly important. Basically, an App development perspective should be in accordance with the time and budget constraints of a client.
In the mobile realm, you’ll hear often terms like Native App or Web App, or even Hybrid App.
1. Native App:– Native app enables in delivering the best user experience but require time and skill to be developed. It live on the device and are accessed through the icons of the device home screen. These apps are basically platform based and require experts along with knowledge. They are developed generally for one platform but can take full advantage of all the device features – they can use camera, the GPS, the accelerometer, the compass, and so on. These are the costly as well as the time taking to be developed and deliver the powerful user experience among all the approaches.
2. WEB:- Web apps are quick and cheap one to develop and can run on multiple platforms. They are run by a browser and are typically written in HTML5. Web apps are not real applications, they are basically websites that, in many ways look and feel like native applications.
Web app became popular when HTML5 was introduces and people realize that they can obtain native like functionality in the browser. Web app is hard to distinguish from a native app but the web apps are less powerful than the native apps.
Common tool used for development
The UI testing let’s you to ensure that your app meets it’s functional requirements and attains a high standards of quality so that it will be successful when adopted by user’s.
One approach for UI testing is to simply have a human testing, in this tester performs a set of user operations on the apps and verify that it is working correctly. However the manual approach of a testing can be time consuming and error prone.
The other approach for the testing if automated approach, this approach allow you to run your tests fast and accurately in a repeatable manner.
- UI test for single app: This test verifies that the application is behaving properly when a specific action is performed by the tester. This test is done to check that app is giving the correct UI output for the action performed. Espresso is the UI testing Framework used to check the user interactions.
- UI tests fir multiple apps: these tests verifies the correct behaviour of the different user apps. For example, you might want to test that your camera app shares images correctly with a 3rd-party social media app, or with the default Android Photos app. UI Automator is the UI testing framework for multiple sites.
Publishing and Maintaining App
After successful completion of your app, you need to make your android app available to users. The publishing process is performed only after the testing of the application is done. Also before you begin your publishing process, the best practice is to meet all the criteria of releasing app like functionality, performance and stability.
But, Publication isn’t is the end of the story for your App. Even if you have a daily active users (DAU), those person’s who have installed your app and keep coming back, you need to put updates at regular intervals for your regular users, or they will simply uninstall your app.
In short, every app has a regular maintenance cost once it is published. Our monthly pricing plan can easily make you to check how much your app will cost over time.
Once your app is published, still you have to create new content and track how your app is performing and keep your user updated with new updates. If you want to manage the information like User Record or payment history on server then you have to pay for it.
Every app requires timely maintenance and content update to keep your users happy, engaged, updated and coming back for more.
When you are using Apetrail Software to build, publish and manage your app, most of your maintenance cost will be covered with your monthly payment. We are a less expensive as compared to the other app building companies. Our mobile app software keep your app up to dated. Your monthly payment will cover all your app server costs, content updates and notifications.